Friday, March 4, 2011

Beastly

I saw Beastly with Alex Pettyfer and Vanessa Hudgens this afternoon. I really liked it. Alex Pettyfer is better than anyone (except possibly Orlando Bloom) at looking at a woman as if he really cherishes her.

As Vanessa's character (Lindy) says, everyone knows the story of Beauty and the Beast. I think they've done a wonderful job of updating the story to modern day. Lindy's dad is in believeable trouble which makes him hand Lindy off to "the Beast." Alex (Kyle) is adorable as the nervous beast, trying to get Lindy to love him. Mary-Kate Olsen is fabulous as the witch. I really was a little scared of her. My very favorite, however, is Neil Patrick Harris. I would see the movie just for his character alone.

This is a classic, timeless tale with lots of lessons to learn and things to think about. I'm giving it two thumbs up. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment