Monday, March 7, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau


Usually I tell you that movies I like are "great" or "awesome." I really liked this movie but it's more "impactful" and "thought-provoking." Matt Damon is wonderful (as usual) as a young Congressman running for the Senate. I don't think I've ever seen a Matt Damon movie that I didn't like him in (not that I've seen them all).

Emily Blunt is perfect as the free-spirited dancer. In fact, I don't know if she had a dancer double or not but the dance scenes are absolutely inspiring! I wish there had been more of them - but that's not really the focus of the movie. Emily Blunt, for those who are not as familiar with her, is married to John Krasinski ("The Office") and was in "The Devil Wears Prada" and "The Young Victoria" (see favorite DVD list). She was also the voice for Juliet in "Gnomeo & Juliet." After seeing "The Devil Wears Prada," I hated Emily Blunt but after seeing "The Young Victoria," I loved her. I guess that means she's a pretty good actress.

A happy little surprise is Anthony Mackie who plays Harry. I would have thought that I hadn't seen him before but he has played sort of semi-background characters for quite awhile. He is a graduate of Juilliard and has appeared in "Million Dollar Baby," "Eagle Eye," and "We Are Marshall" (another DVD I recommend). I'm really pleased that he has a more prominant role in this film and I hope to see more of him.

I'm giving this one two thumbs up. It's just much more impressive and impactful on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment